Atelier de l’Observatoire (Casablanca) is a space for art and research developing participative and socially engaged projects involving artists, researchers and the general public. To this end, the Atelier de l’Observatoire experiments with alternative approaches through different programs and formats such as talks, researches, workshops, exhibitions, trainings, film restorations, artworks productions and publications.
Rencontres avec des anciens prisonniers d’opignion marocainsautour de la mémoire des lieux d’incarcération au Maroc. Evènement Greenhouse à Hay Mohammadi. 21/05/2016 Casablanca, Maroc
Manège. Evènement Greenhouse à Hay Mohammadi. 21/05/2016. Casablanca, Maroc
Core programs are:
- The Greenhouse, an ephemeral and shared space installed in public spaces, particularly in peripheral districts and rural contexts to foster the emergence of new ideas, in a context protected from impediments and dominant visions;
- The Collective Museum, a citizen project for a museum of the collective memory of cities, constructed through the implementation of a series of acts of recovery and collection together with local activists and by innovative devices;
- Madrassa, a regional program of research, encounter and training focused on contemporary curatorial practices;
- La Ruche, a program for production and support of emerging artists;
- The Invisibles, a research program dedicated to the margins of the history of Moroccan cinema;
- The Aquarium, a collective reflection on the possible ways to reactivate public and educational spaces and the heritage of Casablanca.
Atelier de l’Observatoire proposes a space for research and creation in the rural outskirt of Casablanca, at Laasilat, Bouskoura, equipped with an atelier, a residency space and a greenhouse.
Atelier de l’Observatoire website